- 24 May – 3 June – UNITED BEYOND GAS – Voices of resistance from Latin America and Europa. Speakers-and-Training-Tour in Spain (Barcelona, Girona), France (Perpignan), Switzerland (Geneva) and Italy (Lecce). All dates and venues: https://unitedbeyondgas.org/. Capacity building and connecting gas struggles around the questions: How does a coal phase-out affect gas? How does gas extraction impact people in your region and in supply countries? What kind of energy system do we want? Coordinated by 350.org, Gastivists Collective and Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Brussels.
- 28 May – 3 June – Frack Free Lancashire camp at Preston New Road in Blackpool, UK. Frack Free Lancashire is hosting three months of “United Resistance” to stop the fracking industry. They’ve organised an international week at the end of May for international groups to join them in their struggle and learn from one another.
- 30 May – 3 June – Gas workshop at Austrian Climate Camp near Vienna (System Change not Climate Change).
- 24-31 Aug. – Climate Action Camp in Groningen, Netherlands. Code Rood is inviting every single one of us to attend a summer camp in Groningen, one of the largest gas fields in the world, and stand in solidarity with the local community impacted by gas extraction.
- 20-22 Sept. – Beyond Gas – connecting struggles in North and South. Alternative gas conference in Brussels, bringing grassroots groups and NGOs from North and South together to better fight gas. See here report of last year’s conference in four languages.
- 13 Oct. – Global Gas-Frack-Down. Decentralized Gas Day of Action. The title says it all – a call out for actions around the world against gas with a common visual identity, demand and communications.
- 4 May 2018 – Gas training + Code Rood mobilisation in Cologne. Why gas is not a bridge technology. A day about the fights against gas in Europe. Venue: Allerweltshaus Köln, Körnerstraße 77-79, 50823 Cologne, Germany. The day is organized by the Gastivists and ausgeCO2hlt (as part of the Gas-Speakers-and-Training-Tour).
5 May 2018 – Gas training + Code Rood mobilisation in Ghent, Belgium. Focus n on the mayor of Ghent and Fluxys.
- 11 March – Shale gas extraction in Tunisia (Journée sur le gaz de shiste), Event in Kirouan, Tunisia.
- 26 Feb. – HowTo: Fight fossil-fuels! Erdgas, der unterschätzte Klimakiller!, Event in Zürich, Switzerland.
- 15 Feb. – EBRD, Turn Off The TAP! Stop funding gas pipelines! Action in London, UK.
- 11 Feb. – Action against the start of the building of the LNG-terminal in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 22 Jan. – Event in EU-Parliament: activists from Ireland, Italy, Sweden, France and Spain present to MEPs and European Commission their concerns about the PCI process and how the projects impact their communities.
- 22 Jan. – Strategic meeting of French and Catalan groups, Perpignan, and Collective action against Midcat-STEP Pipeline.
- 12-14 Jan. – Gas workshop at CJA meeting in Amsterdam.
- 15 Nov. – Gas strategy meeting at COP23, Bonn, COP23, Bonn Zone, Meeting room.
- 14 Nov. – Action at COP23 Action Space, Bonn or Bula Zone.
- 12 Nov. – United against fracking national rally, UK.
- 09 Nov. – Fossil Gas: pathway to a clean energy future or route to dangerous climate change?, COP23 UNFCCC Side event, 16:45-18:15, Meeting Room 10, COP23, Bonn Zone. Also: an action.
- 06 Nov. – Gas workshop, Not Coal, and definitely not gas, People’s Climate Summit, 9:30 – 12:00, Gustav-Stresemann-Institut, Langer Grabenweg 68, Bonn, GSI-R5.
- 04 Nov. – Leave it in the Ground: ending the age of fossil fuels, Panel at People’s Climate Summit, Bonn, 20:00.
- 03 Nov. – Gas workshop at Conference of Youth (COY13), Bonn. 09:00 – 10:30, IGS Bonn-Beuel, Room C101 (only for COY participants).
- 02 Nov. – Art Space at Conference of Youth (COY), 08:30 – 19:00; Gastivists Stand at Conference of Youth (COY) Marketplace.
- During COP23: Art space – Make visuals on gas. Place: Dorotheenstraße 99, Bonn.
- 14 Oct. – Global Frackdown 2017, Global day of action against fracking and gas.
- 21-23 Sept. – Global gas lock-in: linking North-South resistance, Conference in Brussels.
- 18-23 Aug. – Workshop at Klimacamp in Rheinland, Germany.
- 11-15 Aug. – Workshop at Action Camp in Belgium.
- 05-08 Aug. – Workshop at Camp Climat in Maury, French Pyrenees.
- 26-28 Sept. – Fossil fuel lock-in: why gas is a false solution, Conference in Brussels.