April / May 2018
- Gas-Speakers-Tour and Training. 4-6 stops in Europe, e.g. Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Sweden. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in organizing a stop at your location. The Speakers-Tour/Training will be a moment to build the capacity and skills of groups resisting the gas industry and unpack difficult questions around gas, such as: How does a coal phase-out affect gas? How does gas extraction impact people in your region and in supply countries? What kind of energy system do we want?
- 28 May – 3 June – Frack Free Lancashire camp at Preston New Road in Blackpool, UK. Frack Free Lancashire is hosting three months of “United Resistance” to stop the fracking industry. They’ve organised an international week at the end of May for international groups to join them in their struggle and learn from one another.
- 24-31 Aug. – Climate Action Camp in Groningen, Netherlands. Code Rood is inviting every single one of us to attend a summer camp in Groningen, one of the largest gas fields in the world, and stand in solidarity with the local community impacted by gas extraction.
- 20-22 Sept. – Gas conference, Brussels. Meeting, bringing grassroots groups and NGOs from North and South together to better fight gas. See here report of last year’s conference in four languages.
- 13 Oct. – Decentralized Gas Day of Action. The title says it all – a call out for actions around the world against gas with a common visual identity, demand and communications.
- 11 March – Shale gas extraction in Tunisia (Journée sur le gaz de shiste), Event in Kirouan, Tunisia.
- 26 Feb. – HowTo: Fight fossil-fuels! Erdgas, der unterschätzte Klimakiller!, Event in Zürich, Switzerland.
- 15 Feb. – EBRD, Turn Off The TAP! Stop funding gas pipelines! Action in London, UK.
- 11 Feb. – Action against the start of the building of the LNG-terminal in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 22 Jan. – Event in EU-Parliament: activists from Ireland, Italy, Sweden, France and Spain present to MEPs and European Commission their concerns about the PCI process and how the projects impact their communities.
- 22 Jan. – Strategic meeting of French and Catalan groups, Perpignan, and Collective action against Midcat-STEP Pipeline.
- 12-14 Jan. – Gas workshop at CJA meeting in Amsterdam.
- 02 Nov. – Art Space at Conference of Youth (COY), 08:30 – 19:00; Gastivists Stand at Conference of Youth (COY) Marketplace.
- 03 Nov. – Gas workshop at Conference of Youth (COY13), Bonn. 09:00 – 10:30, IGS Bonn-Beuel, Room C101 (only for COY participants).
- 04 Nov. – Leave it in the Ground: ending the age of fossil fuels, Panel at People’s Climate Summit, Bonn, 20:00.
- 06 Nov. – Gas workshop, Not Coal, and definitely not gas, People’s Climate Summit, 9:30 – 12:00, Gustav-Stresemann-Institut, Langer Grabenweg 68, Bonn, GSI-R5.
- 09 Nov. – Fossil Gas: pathway to a clean energy future or route to dangerous climate change?, COP23 UNFCCC Side event, 16:45-18:15, Meeting Room 10, COP23, Bonn Zone. Also: an action.
- 12 Nov. – United against fracking national rally, UK.
- 14 Nov. – Action at COP23 Action Space, Bonn or Bula Zone.
- 15 Nov. – Gas strategy meeting at COP23, Bonn, COP23, Bonn Zone, Meeting room.
- During COP23: Art space – Make visuals on gas. Place: Dorotheenstraße 99, Bonn.
- 14 Oct. – Global Frackdown 2017, Global day of action against fracking and gas.
- 21-23 Sept. – Global gas lock-in: linking North-South resistance, Conference in Brussels.
- 05-08 Aug. – Workshop at Camp Climat in Maury, French Pyrenees.
- 11-15 Aug. – Workshop at Action Camp in Belgium.
- 18-23 Aug. – Workshop at Klimacamp in Rheinland, Germany.
- 26-28 Sept. – Fossil fuel lock-in: why gas is a false solution, Conference in Brussels.