Europe’s push for gas – Background reports
- Can the climate afford Europe’s gas addiction? Briefing on the role of gas in Europe, its impact on climate and on its compatibility with Europe’s climate and energy objectives (published together with the Anderson and Broderick scientific study). FOEE, 2017. Available in many languages: Italian, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Latvian, Croatian and Slovenian.
- The Great Gas Lock-in: Industry lobbying behind the EU push for new gas infrastructure. The lobbying firepower of the gas industry in Brussels and how it is successfully locking us into a fossil fuelled future of unnecessary gas infrastructure. Corporate Europe Observatory, 2017. [Short in time? Watch the 2 min. video for a summary]
- Global Gas Lock-in: Bridge to Disaster. Flyer/Map. Gas extraction, infrastructure, policy. RLS/ODG, 2017. Hard copies for free, mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Europe’s declining gas demand. Report by E3G, 2015.
- La Trampa Global del Gas. Un puente a ninguna parte. Folleto sobre la extracción global de gas, las infraestructuras de gas y la política del gas en la UE. Alfons Pérez, 2017. RLS/ODG. Copias impresas del folleto gratis, mail to: email@example.com.
- Atrapados por el Gas. El lobby oculto tras el impulso de la UE a las infraestructuras gasísticas, Corporate Europe Observatory, 2017. [Poco tiempo? Ve el video de 2 min. para un resumen]
Fact sheets on EU countries
By FOEE and Food and Water Europe. Download of interactive PDF starts when clicking on the link. Here single sheets “Fossil Gas in my Country” for all EU-28 member states:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, CzechRepublic,
Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece,
Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta,
Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia,
Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Southern Gas Corridor SGC (Azerbaijan-Europe)
- Southern Gas Corridor. CEE Bankwatch website on the mega pipeline. With all news, publications, background, and key facts. This system of mega-pipelines meant to bring gas from Azerbaijan to Europe, is unnecessary for Europe’s declining gas demand. But the billions in public investments will boost Azerbaijan’s dictatorial regime and cause upheaval for transit communities in Turkey, Greece, Albania and Italy.
- Walking the Line. WebDocumentary on the Southern Gas Corridor.
Trans-Adriatic Pipeline TAP (Greece, Albania, Italy)
- The TAP Project: identified non-compliance with the Equator Principles. The report warns potential commercial bank investors to steer clear of the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) owing to the project’s non-compliance with the Equator Principles, a set of risk management guidelines for project finance adopted by 89 commercial banks around the world. CounterBalance, 2017.
- Gazoduc Step : la connexion au marché européen de l’énergie. Mediapart, 2017.
- STEP / MidCat. Fact sheet by Alternatiba, 2017.
Fracking in UK
- Health & Fracking – the impacts and opportunity costs. MedAct.
- Stop Fracking Action Pack. Friends of the Earth UK.
Extractivism in Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco
- The Struggle for Energy Democracy in the Maghreb. Hamza Hamouchene, 2016. RLS North Africa. Text on energy production for Europe, and the disregard of the people in areas of Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia to that. Introduction for climate activists to these North African countries, providing an overview of the region’s popular struggles for climate justice.
- The Struggle for Energy Democracy in the Maghreb. Hamza Hamouchene, 2016. RLS North Africa.
Mega Fracking site Vaca Muerta, Argentina
- Vaca Muerta Megaproject: A fracking carbon bomb in Patagonia. OPSur, 2018. About the climate impacts and risk of the megafracking project.
- Winners and losers in Argentina in the age of unconventional hydrocarbons. OPSur, 2018. About the financial side of the project.
- BP’s Fracking Secrets: Pan-American Energy and Argentina’s shale mega-project. Platform/OPSur, 2017.
- BP, el dueño oculto de fracking: Pan-American Energy y el mega-proyecto Vaca Muerta. Platform/OPSur, 2017.